HEAD OF SECTION, ECONOMICS AND SENIOR LECTURER
Dr. Mohd Hanafia Huridi
PhD in Management Studies, Brunel University London, United Kingdom
M. Econ (Economics Development), Universiti Malaya, Malaysia
B. Econ (Applied Economics), Universiti Malaya, Malaysia
Dr. Hanafia joined Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL) in 2010 as academic staff for the International School of Entrepreneurship (ISE). He has 10 years of teaching experience, and currently, he teaches economics subject for the institute. He began his career as a research officer (RO) at Unit Perundingan Universiti Malaya (UPUM) in collaboration with Ministry of Housing & Local Government (KPKT) to study on The Effectiveness of Local Authority to the National Development. He was also working as a research assistant (RA) at the Faculty of Economics and Administration, University Malaya. Before joining ISE, he served for Management and Science University, Malaysia as a lecturer. Now his research interests are economic development, agricultural economics, small and medium enterprise
Phone:03-2604 6500 (EXT 6630)
HEAD OF SECTION, ACCOUNTING AND LECTURER
Lili Susanti Samsurijal
Master of Accountancy, Universiti Teknologi MARA
Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons), Universiti Putra Malaysia
Phone:03 - 2685 4100 (EXT 132)
HEAD OF SECTION, TOURISM PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT AND SENIOR LECTURER
Dr. Sharina Osman
PhD in Management Studies, University of Exeter Business School, United Kingdom
Master of Human Resource Management, Universiti Utara Malaysia
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons): Marketing,(UUM)
Phone:03-2604 6500 (EXT 6650)
HEAD OF SECTION, FOUNDATION IN BUSINESS AND SENIOR LECTURER
Dr. Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik
PhD Accountancy, University Putra Malaysia
Master of Science (Finance), University Putra Malaysia
Bachelor in Accounting and Finance , Manchester Metropolitan University
Dr Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik is a lecturer with UniKL Business School. She was the Head of Department of the Accountancy Department, Faculty of Accountancy and Management at Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) Malaysia. She obtained her PhD (Accountancy) and Master of Science (Finance) from Universiti Putra Malaysia. She holds a Bachelor degree in accounting and finance from Manchester Metropolitan University. She is a member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA). She started her career in the area of taxation with a medium-sized consultancy firm. She left the firm and joined the academia world since 1998. As an academia, her research interests are in the field of financial reporting, ethics, corporate social responsibility (CSR), e-commerce taxation and goods and services tax (GST). She has published a few papers both in journal articles, book chapters, newspaper and professional accountancy journal. She has also given several talks on GST to the general public.
- Financial Reporting
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Governance
- Accounting Education
- RA Rahim, MHJ Sidik, FW Jalaludin, 2011, The Importance of Corporate Social Performance to the Prospective Employees in Malaysia, Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities, 1258-1279
- MHJ Sidik, RA Rahim, 2012, The benefits and challenges of Financial Reporting Standards in Malaysia: Accounting practitioners’ perceptions, Australian Journal of Basic and Applied Sciences 6 (7), 98-108
- DA Aziz, MA Ibrahim, MHJ Sidik, M Tajuddin, 2017, Accounting Students’ Perception And Their Intention To Become Professionally Qualified Accountants, SHS Web of Conferences 36, 00008
- NJ Mohaidin, M Supar, MA Ibrahim, MHJ Sidik, 2017, Employers’ Perception on Internship Programme, SHS Web of Conferences 36, 00010
- M.H.J.,Sidik, R.A., Rahim, F.W., Jalaludin, 2019, Financial statement effects of FRS adoption in Malaysia, International Journal of Innovation, Creativity and Change
- Sidik, M.H.J., Zandi, G.R., Ruhoma, A.S.A, 2019, Examining the influence of fairness perception on tax compliance behavior of the Libya individual taxpayers: The moderating tax awareness and tax complexity
- MHJ Sidik, NJ Mohaidin, M Supar , 2019, Goods and Services Tax and Sales and Services Tax in Malaysia: A Review of Literature, International Journal of Financial Research 10 (5)
Professional Journals & Magazines
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik and Amalina Ismail (2014) Outcome Based Budgeting in Malaysia, The Malaysian Accountant Journal (Apr-May)
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik and Rahizah Rahim (2013) A Revisit to the Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in Malaysia, The Malaysian Accountant Journal (Jul-August)
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik, Rahizah Rahim, Farah Waheeda Jalaludin, Ng Kean Kok and Fitriya Abdul Rahim (2012), Benefits of Goods and Services Tax, MAREF Review, Volume 2, pg 4-5.
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik and Ng Kean Kok, Goods and Services Tax (2012), Tax Guardian (CTIM), Jan, Volume 5, pg 20-23.
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik, Thillaisundaram Arumugam, K Shamini and Ong Gim Yan, Personal Tax , Kwong Wah Yit Poh and Penang SinPoe, pp. 15, April 2013.
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik, Thillaisundaram Arumugam, K Shamini and Ong Gim Yan, Company Tax , Kwong Wah Yit Poh and Penang SinPoe, May 2013.
Book and Chapters in Book
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik, Lim Wan Leng, Tuam Kwok Choon, Lee Kwee Fah, Noreen Kong and Rahizah Abd Rahim (2018), Fundamentals of Financial Accounting 1, Oxford University Press, ISBN978 967 14636 9 7
- Sophia Cheng and Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik (2017) Life Insurance Companies, Accounting and Financial Reporting, The Malaysian Insurance Institute. ISBN:978-983-2432-38-8
- Financial Market and Institutions, BBPI3103, Open University Malaysia, December 2016
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik, Lim Wan Leng, Tuam Kwok Choon, Lee Kwee Fah, Noreen Kong and Rahizah Abd Rahim (2016), Fundamentals of Financial Accounting 1, 2nd Edition, Oxford University Press, ISBN978 983 47 1836 7
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik, Lim Wan Leng, Tuam Kwok Choon, Lee Kwee Fah, Noreen Kong and Rahizah Abd Rahim (2013), Fundamentals of Financial Accounting 1, Oxford Fajar, ISBN9789834500344
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik, Rahizah Abd Rahim and Abu Sofian Yaacob (2012) Perceived Benefits and Challenges of Convergence to International Financial Reporting Standards among Malaysian Accountants. Selected Studies in Accounting, Finance and Management, UPM Press ISBN 978-967-344-308-6.
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik and Abu Sofian Yaacob (2012) Awareness of Goods and Services Tax among Business Community In Klang Valley. Accounting Research 2012, UPM Press ISBN
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik and Abu Sofian Yaacob (2012) Should Good and Services Tax Be Introduced in Malaysia, Selected Studies in Accounting, Finance and Management, UPM Press ISBN 978-967-344-308-6.
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik, Abu Sofian Yaacob, Fatimah Mohd Arshad and Hamizun Ismail. (2010). Tax Planning Adoption Among Companies in Malaysia in the Context of E-Commerce Environment :(Ed., OngTze San, Lau Yeng Wai and Amalina Abdullah), Accounting Research 2010, UPM, Press. Pp. 128-160. ISBN 978-967-344-183-9.
- Morni Hayati Jaafar Sidik, (2003) The Income Taxation of Electronic Commerce: A Malaysian Perspective, In (Ed., MohdZainAbd. Rahman, Ahmad Bakeri Abu Bakar, Farooq Ahmad, Mohamad Fauzan Noordin, Husnayati Hussin, Nor Shahriza Abdul Karim, Shahar Banun Jaafar), Building A Knowledge Sociaty: Value Creation Through People, Knowledge and ICT, Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia, Pp.: 203-211. ISBN:983-2957-01-X.
- Professional Certificate in Islamic Finance
- Islamic Financial Planner
- Associate Member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA)
- Speaker for Goods and Services (GST) Talk to Unikl Business School Staff and Postgraduate Students, 18 November 2013
- Interviewed by KLFM radio Live on GST Issues on 19 April 2014
- Trainer for Basic Accounting for GiatMara Staff, 24-25 June 2014
- Trainer for GST Training for Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Berhad on September 2014
- Trainer for GST for Seminar Keusahawanan (Entrepreneur Seminar) under GIATMARA Negeri Johor 2014, 27 October 2014 at Bayu Marina Resort.
- Trainer for GST In House Training for Vas Aero Sdn Bhd, 27-28 February 2015
- Speaker for Public Lecture on GST , 25 November 2014
- Speaker on IFRS implementation in Malaysia to Lecturers and Students from Univisitas Islam Bandung (UnisBa), 3 December 2014
- Gave Public Lecture on GST Benefits and Impacts, 26 March 2015
- Speaker for Road to become Accountant in Malaysia to The NACPAE (National Association of Certified Public Accountants in Education), Philippines delegates to UniKL, 19 October, 2015.
- Trainer for Basic Financial Planning with Microsoft Excel, UniKL Business School Genesis Program Training, April 2017
- Trainer for Principles of International Taxation: Tax Policy Formation and Analysis, August – September to November, 2017
- Speaker on Why MBA at Post Graduate Education Fair 2018, 11th February 2018, Mid Valley Exhibition Centre.
- Trainer for Kursus Asas Perakaunan (Accounting for Non Accountants), 13-15 November, 2018 for Pelatih GiatMara
- Trainer for Overview of 10 MPERS Executive Must Know, 12 April 2019
- Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) Panel Assessor for Accounting and Finance
- Assessor for 2013 CIMA Business Global Challenge
- Advisor for UTAR Intra-Campus Accounting Quiz 2013
- Advisor for UTAR-ACCA Internal and External Conference 2013
- Treasurer, UniKL Business School Management & Entrepreneurship Conference 2014 (UBSMEC 2014) 23 December 2014
- Moderator, 2nd.Colloquium on Business, Economics and Accounting, Help University, 23 January 2015
- Organizing Committee, SIBR-UniKL Conference on February 16-17, 2015 at Federal Hotel, Kuala Lumpur
- Organizing Committee, Kuala Lumpur International Business and Social Science Research Conference, 7-8 August 2015
- Treasurer, UniKL Business School Management & Entrepreneurship Conference 2015 (UBSMEC 2015) December 2015
- Jury for UniKL Accounting Quiz for 2017 and 2016
- Internal Auditor Panel (Accounting) for MQA submission for Vocational College Malaysia, Kolej Vokasional Gombak, 15- 16 June 2017.
- Advisor to UniKL Business School Accounting Association (UASA), 2015- July 2017.
- Assessor Programme Accreditation, University Technology Petronas (UTP) Perak, March 2018
- Board of Studies (BOS), Institute Professional BaitulMal, Diploma in Taxation (2017-2018)
- External Examiner, Kolej University Islam Antarabangsa Selangor (KUIS), Audit 2017-2019
- Panel Assessor for APEL (C) MQA
- Panel Assessor for Programme Deemed Accredited, Universiti Teknologi Mara Malaysia – UITM, December 2017
- Jury for Elavator Pitch sess, Inovasi Pengurusan GIATMARA Innovative & Creative Group Challenge 2017, 13 December 2017 – GIATMARA
- Internal Board of Studies (BOS) for PhD in Accounting for UniKL Business School, 2018
- Fasilitator dan Panel Penilai Luar (Verifikasi) Program Diploma Kolej Vokasional, Kementerian Pendidikan Malaysia – Perakaunan
- Ahli Panel Penasihat Program Diploma Perakaunan Kolej Vokasional Gombak 2018/2019
- Member of Persatuan Bekas Pelajar Mara Science Junior College (Ansara)
- Facilitator for Career Day 2011 Mara Science Junior College (MRSM), Tun Ghafar Baba, Jasin, Melaka
- Member of Kumpulan Sokongan Ibu Bapa (KSIB) Sekolah Kebangsaan Desa Pandan
- Gave Motivational talk to Year 6 students of Primary School Desa Pandan
- Committee Member (Internal Auditor) Persatuan Ibu Bapa dan Guru-guru (PIBG) Primary School Desa Pandan
- Committee Member of Muafakat, Mara Science Junior College (MRSM) Felda Trolak, Perak
- Panel of Career Talk and Forum to Mara Science Junior College (MRSM) Balik Pulau , MRSM TGB, MRSM PDRM Kulim
- Internal Auditor for Muafakat Kebangsaan 2019-2021
- External Audit Committee for GIATMARA
Phone:03-2685 4100 (EXT 148)
HEAD OF SECTION, ISLAMIC FINANCE AND SENIOR LECTURER
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Zalina Zainudin
PhD in Finance, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
MBA- Finance, University Putra Malaysia
BBA – Finance. Universiti Utara Malaysia
Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA)
Certified Financial Planner (FPAM)
Certified Islamic Financial Planner(FPAM)
Professional Certificate in Islamic Finance(INCEIF)
Dr Zalina Zainudin is the Head of Section, Finance/ Islamic Finance. She has a broad spectrum experience in the industry. Prior to joining UNIKL Business School, she has over 10 years working experience at Permodalan Nasional Berhad(PNB), served in internal audit and finance department. During her career at PNB, she was given responsibility in handling the development and implementation of goals, policies and procedures relating to financial management, financial and management audit, budgeting, and accounting. She is a Certified Financial Planner and a certified member of Financial Planning Association of Malaysia (FPAM). Her research interest include financial management and corporate finance topics, such as debt cost-benefit analysis, determining optimal financing and financial planning.
Phone:03-2604 6500 (EXT 6654)