Head of Section Management and Entrepreneurship section and Senior Lecturer
Dr. Zulkifli Saidun
Doctorate of Business Administration, Universiti Sains Malaysia
Master of Science in Management, Universiti Utara Malaysia
Bachelor of Arts Business & Administrative Studies, Lewis & Clark College, Portland, USA
Diploma in Business Studies, Universiti Teknologi MARA
Phone:03-2687 5400 (EXT 5426)
Head of Section, Economics and Senior Lecturer
Dr. Mohd Hanafia Huridi
PhD in Management Studies, Brunei University London
M. Ec (Economics Development), Universiti Malaya
B. Ec (Applied Economics), Universiti Malaya
Dr. Mohd Hanafia Huridi joined Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL) in 2010 as academic staff for the International School of Entrepreneurship (ISE). He has sixth years teaching experience and currently he teaches economics subject for the institute. He began his career as research officer (RO) at Unit Perundingan Universiti Malaya (UPUM) in collaboration with Ministry of Housing & Local Government (KPKT) to study on The Effectiveness of Local Authority to the National Development. Apart from that, He was also working as a research assistant (RA) at the Faculty of Economics and Administration, University Malaya. Prior to join ISE, he served for Management and Science University, Malaysia as a lecturer. Now his research interests are economics development, agricultural economics, small and medium enterprise.
Phone:03-2687 5400 (EXT 5566)
HEAD OF SECTION, FINANCE / ISLAMIC FINANCE AND SENIOR LECTURER
Dr. Zalina Zainudin
PhD in Finance, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
MBA- Finance, University Putra Malaysia
BBA – Finance. Universiti Utara Malaysia
Certified Financial Planner (FPAM)
Certified Islamic Financial Planner(FPAM)
Professional Certificate in Islamic Finance(INCEIF)
Dr Zalina Zainudin is the Head of Section, Finance/ Islamic Finance. She has a broad spectrum experience in the industry. Prior to joining UNIKL Business School, she has over 10 years working experience at Permodalan Nasional Berhad(PNB), served in internal audit and finance department. During her career at PNB, she was given responsibility in handling the development and implementation of goals, policies and procedures relating to financial management, financial and management audit, budgeting, and accounting. She is a Certified Financial Planner and a certified member of Financial Planning Association of Malaysia (FPAM). Her research interest include financial management and corporate finance topics, such as debt cost-benefit analysis, determining optimal financing and financial planning.
Phone:03-2687 5400 (EXT 5599)
Head of Section, Marketing / International Business AND SENIOR LECTURER
Dr. Ami Suhana Abdul Menon
PhD in Management, Universiti Kuala Lumpur
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Universiti Teknologi Mara
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons) Finance, Universiti Teknologi Mara
Phone:03-2687 5400 (EXT 5423)
Head of Section, Accounting and Lecturer
Lili Susanti Samsurijal
Master of Accountancy, Universiti Teknologi MARA
Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons), Universiti Putra Malaysia
Phone:03 - 2685 4100 (EXT 132)
Head of section, Tourism Planning and Development AND LECTURER
Dr. Sharina Osman
PhD in Management Studies, University of Exeter Business School, United Kingdom
Master of Human Resource Management, Universiti Utara Malaysia
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons): Marketing,(UUM)
Phone:03-2687 5400 (EXT 5424)
Head of Section, Foundation in Business and Lecturer
Master of Science (Management), Universiti Utara Malaysia
Bachelor of International Business Management (Hons), Universiti Utara Malaysia
Mr. Zulkarnian joined UniKL – Business School on 3rd September 2012 as a Lecturer specializes in the areas of marketing. He has more than 1 year of experience in teaching. Prior to joining UniKL, Mr. Zulkarnian was a Research Assistance (R.A.) around 3 years during their study in UUM. During his stint as a R.A., Mr. Zulkarnian was exposed to research in area of business management, accounting, public management and law. Previously, Mr. Zulkarnian spent 3 months as a lecturer at Kolej Professional Mara Indera Mahkota, Pahang and 9 months as a lecturer at ISBA UK Thinking Skills College, Kepong. In that college, he was responsible to teach the business and management subjects and doing admin task such as filing systems and COPPA for diploma level. His current research interests are Management, Marketing, International Business (IB) and Small Medium Entrepreneurship (SME).
Phone:03-2687 5400 (EXT 5544)
Head of Section, Postgraduate and Senior Lecturer
Dr. Syeliya Md Zaini
PhD in Accounting, University of Waikato, New Zealand
Master of Accountancy, Universiti Teknologi MARA
Bachelor of Accountancy (Hons), Universiti Teknologi MARA
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Governance and ethics
- Accounting Theory and Practices
- Islamic Accounting
- Mixed methods
- Delphi method
- Thematic and content analysis (Atlas.ti)
- Role of women in family business. Women & Family Entrepreneurship in Malaysia: A formidable Economic Force. ISBN: 978-967-12543-6-3
- Voluntary Disclosure and its External Influences: A Reflection of the Empirical Literature in Emerging Countries ICMLG, Feb 2015, Jakarta Indonesia.
- Corporate social responsibility disclosure: A reflection of a pilot study analysis in Malaysia, 14th Australasian Centre on Social and Environmental Accounting Research Conference, ACSEAR 2015, Sydney, Australia.
- Voluntary disclosure in Emerging countries: A literature review. Auckland Region Accounting Conference. Jan 2016, Auckland, New Zealand
- Impact of Ownership Structure on Level of Voluntary Disclosure in Annual Reports: Comparison Between Listed Family-controlled and Nonfamily-controlled Companies in Malaysia. Bali International Business and Social Science Research Conference, Bali. May, 2017, Bali Indonesia.
- The level of voluntary disclosure practices in Malaysia: The stakeholders’ perceptions. Meditari Accountancy Research Accounting Forum Joint Conference, April 25-26, 2019, Seoul, South Korea
- Syeliya Md Zaini, Oussama Saoula, Erlane K Ghani, Nasir Abdul Jalil, Mustafa Rashid Issa (June, 2019). Exploring the Link between Supply Chain Capability and Inter-Organizational Compability: Do Inter-Organizational Information Systems (IOIS) Integration matter? International Journal of Supply Chain management (pp. 902-912).
- Md Zaini, S., Sharma, U., Samkin, G., & Davey, H. (2019, April). Impact of ownership structure on the level of voluntary disclosure: a study of listed family-controlled companies in Malaysia. In Accounting Forum (pp. 1-34). Routledge.
- Md Zaini, S., Samkin, G., Sharma, U., & Davey, H. (2018). Voluntary disclosure in emerging countries: a literature review. Journal of Accounting in Emerging Economies, 8(1), 29-65.
- Syeliya Md Zaini, (2018). Voluntary Disclosure Practices in the family-business context: the case of listed family- controlled companies in Malaysia, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.7 issue: 4.29, pp. 147-149.
- Syeliya Md Zaini, GholamReza Zandi, Alseddig Ruhoma, Mohammad Mohammad Amin, (2018) “The Impact of Adoption of Islamic Instruments (Ughods) on Profitability: The Case of Islamic Banks in Malaysia”, International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol.7 issue: 4.29, pp. 1-3.
- Zaini, S. M., Sharma, U. P., & Samkin, G. (2017). Impact of Ownership Structure on Level of Voluntary Disclosure in Annual Reports: Comparison Between Listed Family-controlled and Nonfamily-controlled Companies in Malaysia. Australian Academy of Accounting and Finance Review, 3(3), 140-155.
- Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management (MIHRM)
Phone:03 - 2685 4100 (EXT 52)